This week we have a guest post from Guardian Angel. They have a special offer for you if you need to write a will, so give them a look over. They also help with bereavement support which is so important to have after a loved one dies.
So now on with the post:
Who Is Guardian Angel?
Guardian Angel is a technology company that was started to help everybody plan for, and through death. We offer bereavement support and legal services. We are trying to ease a little bit of the burden attached to losing a loved one.
Did you know, 64% of the UK adult population do not have a will and testament? A major reason for this is because people ‘just haven’t got round to it yet’. This may be a familiar feeling for some of you. A will is something you know is important, but you might not be sure if you need one or how to go about writing one. At Guardian Angel we let you write your will easily and securely and every online will is checked by one of our experts. From start to finish, it only takes 15 minutes. Visiting a lawyer can be both a timely and expensive experience, and 53% of adults who wrote a will with a lawyer said they would use an online will to keep the costs down.
Why it is important to write your will?
As Dr Nikki has pointed out in her earlier blog, it is important for most adults, in particular those with children, to consider writing a will. Dying without a will can be very stressful for your loved ones. If a will is not in place, the deceased’s estate will be divided according to the rules of intestacy. Without a will, this process can be lengthy and can also cause tension within a family.
But it is not just about relieving some of the stress; having a will allows you to relay your wishes properly and clearly to your loved ones.
- Do you have something you want to leave to a specific person?
- Have you thought about what funeral arrangements you would like?
- Are there any messages you would like to leave for people?
Having a will means that your loved ones can make these decisions knowing that they are respecting what you would have wanted.
Writing a will online: quick, easy and secure
There are many ways to write a will and the best option for you will depend on your circumstances. Wills can be divided into two categories: simple and complex. If you are looking to write a simple will, doing so online may be the best option for you.
Writing your will online is a cheaper and easier alternative to using a solicitor and it is safer than a do-it-yourself kit. A simple will states your wishes, explains how your estate can be divided, names an executor(s) and allows you to nominate guardians for your children and pets.
The process of writing your legally-binding will, with Guardian Angel is listed below:
- Complete the questionnaire – we need to know about your family and your wishes. This process is straightforward and takes about 15 minutes;
- Submit your information – no phone calls or house visits. Submit your information online and we take care of the rest;
- Print and sign – we will send you your completed will within 7 days so you can print it and then follow our instructions to make it legally binding;
- Make updates anytime – life circumstances can change, and your will may need to change too. You can update your information at any time for just £10 a year. This can make a big difference as you may need to update your will following any important life events such as buying a house or having children.
Writing your will with Guardian Angel allows you to protect your loved ones, easily choose your inheritors and pass on your wishes to those closest to you. It even makes donating to charity in your name an easy thing to do.
The Female Money Doctor Discount
It’s never too late to get started and we want to help as many people as possible. Write your online will with Guardian Angel now(*please note this is an affiliate link – it won’t affect the cost to you). Any readers of this blog are welcome to a 30% discount code, so when you get to checkout enter this coupon code WILL-30.
Sadly my father passed away recently, and this is a hard post to share with you, but thankfully he had a will, so it was so easy for my mum. It was one less thing she needed to stress about.
So no matter who you are, or what your background is, get yourself a will! It doesn’t matter if you think you don’t have much – it all still needs to be done.
Until next time,
Learn how to invest! https://nikkiramskill.podia.com/investing